Global Investments Limited (“the Company”) recognises and embraces the benefits of having a diverse board of directors (“Board”), and endeavours to include a broad range of factors in its selection of directors.
The Company believes that a diverse Board will contribute to the achievement of its strategic and commercial objectives, including to:
1. drive business results;
2. make corporate governance more effective;
3. enhance quality and responsible decision-making capability;
4. ensure sustainable development; and
5. enhance the reputation of the Company.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
This Policy applies only to the Board of the Company.
The Nomination and Governance Committee (“NGC”) reviews and assesses the Board composition on behalf of the Board and recommends the appointment of appropriately qualified persons to occupy Board positions when necessary.
While all appointments to the Board will continue to be made on merit, the Company pledges its commitment to promote diversity as a key attribute of a well-functioning and effective Board by harnessing the variety of skills, industry and business experiences, gender, age, ethnicity and culture, geographical background and nationalities, tenure of service, and other distinguishing qualities of the members of the Board. Criteria such as skill sets, regional and industry experience, cultural and geographical background, age, tenure, ethnicity, race and gender will be considered in determining the optimum composition of the Board and when possible, should be balanced appropriately.
Accordingly, the NGC will:
1. consider all aspects of diversity in order to arrive at an optimum balanced composition of the Board;
2. make recommendations to the Board in relation to appointments, based on merit against an objective range of criteria that complements and expands the skills and experience of the Board as a whole, and after having given due regard to the overall balance and effectiveness of a diverse Board;
3. when seeking to identify a new Director for appointment to the Board, the NGC will request for female candidates to be fielded for consideration; and
4. periodically review and report to the Board requirements, if any, in relation to diversity on the Board.
The Board has established the objective that at least one of its directors shall be a suitably qualified female to ensure board gender diversity.